About me


Sunday, April 6, 2008

So Far From the Bamboo Grove (3rd Post)

I recommend this book, So Far from the Bamboo
Grove, because it talks about the Japanese who
were living in Korea, and going through conflicts
in a Japanese point of view. When I first read this,
there were some points in the book that I thought
didn't make sense or was a little different because
Koreans think Japan had a bad relationship, but in
the story some parts include Korea and Japan actually
friendly to each other. However, it still shows how
the Japanese had hard times during the war and
how Yoko and her sister carries out their lives after
their mother dies. At first, the book seemed boring
because I was expecting a boring novel. However,
the book was fun and I enjoyed reading it. It doesn't
just talk about the history of the past, but a real story
from the author. I think this book was interesting and
it wouldn't be bad for you to read once in a while.

No comments: